Monday, March 19, 2012

I Know Exactly What I Want!!

I know I know, it's been over a week. Forgive me, things have been progressing really fast. There is a lot of growth happening in my life right now. I'm still battling back and forth with obesity but I've been winning more than loosing. I've decided that just like I wake up and brush my teeth and comb my hair or my wig (same difference, lmbo) I was going to start confirming everything God has promised me. You know how people say you stand on the word of God. Well just in case you may be a little confused, let me explain exactly what that means. Yeah we're going to church for a little while.

God is not a man that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19. The way you stand on the word is by quoting the scriptures and offering the word back to God. Of course God knows HIS word, but do you? I wake up with a level of expectancy everyday! It's no different from our own children. As parents they expect us to feed them, provide shelter for them, clothe them, and if they are doing what we ask and sometimes beyond we reward them with the things they ask for. So their needs and some of their wants are met. The same is true for God and we are His children. Amen!!

Whew! Okay, now that I have that out of the way, I've learned to be very specific and not so vague with what I ask for. I remember when I was younger I would ask for a boyfriend and sure enough that's what I got just a boyfriend. Then I grew a little more and I would ask for a car. You guessed it, that's exactly what I got. Just a car, well a lemon actually lol. Now that I know how to pray more effectively I've seen a major difference in my life. God is the author and finisher of my faith. However, He gave us all free will. A will to hope, believe, and ask for whatever our hearts desire. I wish I could help everyone reach this level. It feels simply amazing to walk under this light. I'm living proof that size doesn't matter. Let who you are shine through even when you feel dark or disappointed. There is something about perseverance and knowing exactly what you want in life that will make all the difference in your world. Stay encouraged and know Rome wasn't built over night!

No comments: