Monday, October 15, 2012

Back By Popular Demand!!!!!

Okay, okay, okay. I know it's been months since I left you with a post. I'm back now!!!! With a little nudge from friend/sis we're back in business. Wow, so much has happened since I've been away. I first have to say thank you for the emails and the requests to start back blogging. It means more to me than you know. So thank you to my followers and the people that have been faithful to me. Just like usual I have a lot to say and yes, I still have the same struggle....OBESITY!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I'm yelling, because it would feel so good to have conquered this little demon by now. Life has so many different obstacles and challenges that we all have to face. You may not struggle with your weight but I'm sure you have something because we all do.

Life has truly humbled me and I've experienced so much that my emotions have been all over the place. You all know me I'm very candid and say exactly what I think especially when it pertains to me. If you have followed the blog you know that I'm an emotional eater. The greatest to the smallest thing can trigger these emotions and I'm back craving all that demonized delicious food lol. You all also know that I'm just a tiny little bit dramatic.

Here's today's story. I had an epiphany tonight. I want to live out loud and not be afraid of all the what ifs in life??? Why not just loose weight and go do the things you know will bring you fulfillment?? I wish it were that easy but I'm fighting again and it is definitely a FIGHT. So it's 8:15 p.m and I've already eaten dinner which was a chicken sandwich and I don't know why I thought that would satisfy me without any vegetables or sides. Anyhow, I got hungry (go figure) and I decided that the quickest thing to fix would be some popcorn shrimp. My taste buds were ready!! As soon as I picked up the bag that little loud voice said WAIT!!! Why not just eat some fruits and veggies? So without hesitations I'm eating the fruit and really enjoying it, but now I'm done and something in me although I'm not hungry, still wants that damn shrimp. Sorry to be so blunt but this is real!!

I immediately stopped to identify the emotions I was feeling that I had ignored as I normally do and I realized that at that very moment I felt lonely, unaccomplished, and a little depressed. WOW!! I hadn't even taken the time to completely identify what I was feeling. Immediately, I acknowledged those emotions and I regained control over myself. What a feeling, knowing that maybe with a little hard work and fight. I can conquer this monster that is trying to claim and steal my life.

No more hoping and wishing it's time for the hard facts and I'm facing them one meal at a time. I'm back and it feels good to live again. Breath by breath and meal by meal it's my time and I'm ready. The question is, is the world ready for me?? Ready or not here I come new and improved!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it.... self control is hard work however keep being real with yourself.